Sustainability Opportunities within the Dairy Sector - USA
|Source : Darigold|
Bolstering consumer confidence in the Industry though promotion of on-farm best practices
Sustainability Efforts within Darigold
Animal Welfare on-farm assessments initiated 2008, with following objectives in mind:
- Establishing a baseline understanding of current farm practices
- Raise dairy farm owner awareness of actual farm activity
- Provide self-evaluation tools that contain adaptable templates for farm management practice improvement, leading to greater efficiency and profitability
To date, over one third of Darigold producers have conducted assessments.
- Substantiation of use of best management practices in place
- Highlighting of needs improvement areas
- Dairy employees participated to expand learning
Through documenting on-farm practices, we can proactively inform stakeholders of our best practices and sound stewardship.